Fast build/deploy system for Kubernetes services
- Fast Get a service from source to running in Kubernetes in seconds
- Create services quickly Use service templates to create new services, or define your own templates.
- Build runnable services, not just binaries Don't leave it to operations to figure out how to run a service. Forge builds a fully deployable service, with all the deployment metadata needed to run.
- Works with any language or build system Forge works with your existing build system, and integrates the deployment metadata needed to create a runnable service
How it works:
Forge builds services based on Docker and Kubernetes. With Forge, a user specifies the deployment configuration for a service in a YAML file. Forge uses this metadata along with the source code to build a Docker image and the necessary Kubernetes deployment data to create a runnable service. For more information, see how Forge works.
Get started in a few minutes:
- Install Forge.
- forge setup
- git clone https://github.com/datawire/hello-forge.git
- forge deploy